Here Christ is telling Peter that he will deny him 3 times before the cock crows. While looking around the grounds of the Church of St. Peter in Galicantu I was surprised to hear a cock crow. It was very touching.
While Christ goes before the Jewish Authorities Peter will deny the Christ.
This chapel had subdued tones of simple stain glass throughout.
In these ceiling stones you can see two sets of holes. When found they had metal rings through them that they would tie your arms to before being whipped.
Here is a statue of Peter at the fire denying Christ with the rooster high above his head on the pillar.
These stairs date back to the time of Christ. He very likely walked them that last week of His life with guards mocking Him and spitting upon Him as they took Him to be whipped.
We now go to the Church of Condemnation.
Next door is the Church of Flagellation.
In the domed ceiling is a crown of thorns. The dark woods with burnt sienna's and rich ocher colors were beautiful. I have never seen this dominant brown color combination in a church.
The stain glass was beautiful.
On our walk home I took this picture of Ariel Sharon's house in old town. I am not even sure if this former Israeli Prime Minister is still alive.
No comments:
Post a Comment