There are four cute little kittens and the momma that live under a crab apple tree in the bushes next to our balcony. I was talking to the mother cat this morning when I was out on my walk. She had a cut on her leg and is really skinny. I really had to fight the urge to go in and find her something to eat. But, we are not to feed the cats here. They are wild and have lice. I think they also trigger some of the security sensors.
While watching the cute kittens a few drops of rain fell. Being so warm and sunny, I was surprised. Off to the south a few dark clouds hung low but above us I could only see blue sky and billowing white clouds. I was busy watching the kittens when I heard a BOOM that made me jump. It is not unusual for our neighbors to send off bottle rockets here but this was more like a canon. The streets right below got noisy with people. I took a couple pictures of Israel guards walking up and down the street. After they would pass the locals would be shouting loud things but I have no idea what they were saying. People are out on the roof tops and starting to gather on the streets. I also noticed several Palestine flags flying today. The helicopters have been flying around all day as well. I guess about midnight the UN votes. We were told not to go to the old city at all today or where there are any crowds. It is not uncommon for peaceful protests to escalate rather quickly.
No comments:
Post a Comment