Here are some pictures of the kids school. I hope to have them add some comments
Front court yard.
Inside the school.
Where John spends his lunch time, on the court.
The gate to the school was open to let me in. They also have a security guard.
This is a very famous street that runs in front of the center. It is in an Arab neighborhood. The following are pictures of the grocery shopping on Wadi-Jo's. I was actually impressed how nice the stores and streets look in the pictures. It took me weeks to actually go to any of these stores. Thank goodness for Sister Bentley and Sister Skinner for taking me to them. They are close and good prices. While they seem scary I have actually found the men in these stores to be very helpful and nice. They have a great sense of hospitality that is lacking at the Israel stores.
This is the butcher shop. They didn't have anything hanging today so I will try another time.
This is a split in the street. (No traffic signs) To the left is the grocery store, behind me is the butcher and to the right Wadi-Jo's continues.
Here is my favorite new store. I have no idea what it is called, but he gives me chocolate bars when I shop there. You can see the man walking in the picture. He is the parking attendant. He will pull a baracade off the side of the rode for you to park and keeps an eye on the cars.
Inside the store. The eggs are never refrigerated.
Who is going where? Actually I am really beginning to like the driving here. Probably 9 out of 10 NYC cab drivers are from Israel.
This is a fruit market. The next picture is a closer shot of the inside. They have some very nice people who work here. I did have a 20ish year old boy shove me in the back here. I cut four inches off my hair the next day and usually wear a ponytail when I go shopping in the Arab areas.
Straight across the street from the above fruit market is this grocery store known as the 24 hour store, just in case you need something on the Sabbath. They also make flat breads. They have some that are the size of pizzas, which we have used for pizza and love them.
At the fruit market they had these cactus plants with baby pineapple's on them. I couldn't resist so now one of them is in our court yard.
Seth and his knife he bought from Shabbon's.
No comments:
Post a Comment