| We saw these donkeys on our walk this morning. I am really not very good at this whole blogging thing so please be patient. |
This is the Kidron Valley. You dip down into this valley and then climb back up to the City Wall.
There are 2 1/2 miles of the Old City Wall. I took lots of pictures but I don't want to bore you.
This is one of the 8 gates that go into the old city.
We just walked past the garden tomb today we didn't go in. We will go back another time. The green door is the entrance.
We entered the Old City through the Damascus Gate. It has an open market atmosphere. This is a high pick pocket area.
The picture below was taken from the roof top of the Austrian Hospice.
Some Israel soldiers. They are around but not as many as I thought.
This is the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. It has a huge court yard. We didn't go into the church today.
This is something to do with John the Baptist. Under this church is an older church that has been excavated.
Here is the tunnel that goes under ground. It was really cool down in the buried church, but they asked us not to take pictures. They had an alter and other Catholic things to honor John the Baptist.
This is a picture outside the wall in Western Jerusalem.
Across the street from the above picture is this government building (The Mayors Office) that is riddled with bullet holes from Jordon's occupation.
This is for you Dad. Can you tell what the next two pictures are?
Beautiful horses. Maybe I should be a mounted soldier in Israel.
This is the beginning of Ben Yehuda Street. It is a fun shopping touristy place. I tried a Shwarma With everything on it. It was spicy and delicious. I didn't know it was lamb until later. Later that day I checked a car out and tried to take the kids shopping here. The girls have been dying to get out. Well. . . after driving around and around and around looking for parking, going down a one way street the wrong way we decided to come home and take a taxi down later this week. John agrees with me that the driving is VERY different here.
I love it!!! Oh what fun, what an exciting adventure!! Now you have to tell me... what exactly IS a schwarma.. with the works? Like a gyro??? Sounds good anyway.
ReplyDeleteLove the pics!
Hey, we are so excited for you! Love the pics...don't ever be too shy about sending them. We are looking forward to coming for a visit. When you get a chance see what the procedure is for staying at the center. We love you mucho!
ReplyDeleteFun pictures! I love hearing all about your adventures!
ReplyDelete